2014/02/06

For Fun. Coffee Poem.

Coffee Poem.

We have had three weeks in a row less than 10 degrees below zero measurements in Helsinki. Luckily it seems that heavy frost is over for a while. I'm able to write a little piece of poetry. To me frost feels like someone would be hammering constantly my forehead. Pleats between the eyes distract thinking. Coffee is a good friend in this point.

I have a contradictory relationship with coffee. I know I would be much more stable, calm and tolerant without coffee, but still I'm flirting with it. Sometimes there is periods that I don't drink it at all.

But then I'm missing in all my calmness the extra muscles that comes with coffee. After a cup of coffee I can focus on things better, ideas flow, I believe in myself (even an unnecessary amount). An unpleasant task is just one-two-three and it's already done and no boundaries found.

Ping-pong between the coffee-yes-please and happy-with-tea periods will alternate in the future too. Because sometimes I'm missing that tranquil not so bustling person that comes along without coffee drinking.

2 comments:

Valentina Novo said...

Beautiful illustration as always!
I have the same problem with coffee, I love the energy it gives me but it makes me a bit (more) neurotic sometimes.. Right now I'm more on a "happy-with-tea" period as you say, despite the awful rainy weather in Paris

Flash For Zonzon said...

Hi Valentina, Thanks for sharing your view to this coffee versus tee issue. In a rainy weather tee is such a consolation, I think.